Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

amc 258 head leaking coolant, easy rider gas tank, rfactor race cast, Honda ft 500 starter motor problems ?, fat boy wheel covers, daniel stern red turn signals, Pw80 clutch pressure plate problem, how effective is super glue in oil samp, daniel stern turn signals, IO0HOI

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Re: Arizona budget banking on speeders

Posted on 2008-01-20 22:39:49 by morticide

Scheiskopf schreibt:
&gt; On Jan 19, 7:42 pm, Nate Nagel &lt;<a href="mailto:njna...&#64;roosters.net" target="_blank">njna...&#64;roosters.net</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; &gt; Speeders &amp; Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; On Jan 19, 10:35 am, Nate Nagel &lt;<a href="mailto:njna...&#64;roosters.net" target="_blank">njna...&#64;roosters.net</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;Speeders &amp; Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;Ashton Crusher &lt;<a href="mailto:d...&#64;moore.net" target="_blank">d...&#64;moore.net</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;news:<a href="mailto:oab4p3d103e9dq29i2sjsakqnadn47uo6m&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">oab4p3d103e9dq29i2sjsakqnadn47uo6m&#64;4ax.com</a>:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Arizona budget banking on speeders By PAUL DAVENPORT, Associated Pre=
ss
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Writer
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Sat Jan 19, 6:57 AM ET
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano says the deployment of new
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;photo radar or other speed enforcement technology on state highways =
is
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;all about public safety. But her proposed state budget counts on the=

&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;anticipated speeding fines to help erase a projected revenue
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;shortfall.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;The proposal, submitted to the Legislature late Friday, anticipates
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;$120 million in revenue the first year, including $90 million in net=

&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;income after expenses from the statewide effort. Even bigger dollar
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;amounts are expected in future years.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;The state faces a projected revenue shortfall of at least $1.2 billi=
on
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;in the fiscal year that starts July 1.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;While some states use photo radar and similar technology on a limite=
d
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;basis in areas such as construction zones, experts said Arizona is i=
n
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;the vanguard of moving toward a widespread deployment of speed
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;technology on highways.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&quot;It wasn't designated primarily for revenue generation but since we
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;have it (and) it works, we want to move statewide,&quot; Napolitano said.=

&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&quot;We made that decision before the whole budget issue arose. Now we
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;take advantage of it and use it for law enforcement highway safety
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;purposes.&quot;
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;The governor's budget aides said Friday they could not immediately
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;provide details on assumptions used to project the revenue estimate,=

&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;including the numbers of expected violations.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Napolitano's plan needs approval by the Republican-led Legislature,
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;and one key lawmaker expressed immediate opposition.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&quot;I don't know whether Arizonans want to be policed by cameras,&quot; said=

&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Senate Transportation Chairman Ron Gould, adding that he plans
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;legislation to require that voters decide the issue. &quot;It smacks of B=
ig
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Brother to me.&quot;
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Proposals calling for even limited use of cameras have run into
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;opposition in some states.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Maryland's transportation secretary on Tuesday told lawmakers that
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;cameras in highway work zones would improve worker safety and reduce=

&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;accidents, but lawmakers raised concerns on privacy, effectiveness a=
nd
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;motive.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Arizona Automobile Association spokeswoman Linda Gorman said the
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;750,000-member group representing drivers supports photo radar as a
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;way to improve traffic safety but not to help balance the state
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;budget.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;A year ago, Napolitano cited results from suburban Scottsdale's use =
of
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;fixed cameras on a stretch of state freeway when she directed the
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;state Department of Public Safety to begin researching the possible
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;use of new speed enforcement devices.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;An Arizona State University professor who studied the Scottsdale
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;project found that it reduced speeding and accident rates. That syst=
em
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;uses sensors embedded in the freeway to trigger cameras that snap
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;photos of speeding vehicles. Motor vehicle records are checked to fi=
nd
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;the vehicles' owners, ultimately leading to citations for identified=

&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;drivers.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;OK with me. =A0Speeders are kid killers and kid kripplers and i wish =
they'd
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;increase the fines 10 fold!!! =A0Caught doing 50 in a 35 zone - cost =
you
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;$2,000. Don't like it? Then obey the law.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;they have fines like that in VA now. =A0doesn't seem to make anyone sl=
ow
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;down any. =A0could it be that the speed limits are disconnected from r=
eality?
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; If the states really want to stop speeders, they should shame them
&gt; &gt; &gt; into slow driving. Put up billboards saying things like &quot;reckless
&gt; &gt; &gt; driving killed x,000 children last year and injured x00.000.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; Please explain how driving 70 MPH in a reasonable car on a flat,
&gt; &gt; straight Interstate highway is &quot;reckless.&quot;
&gt;
&gt; &gt; Many states not only do not consider it reckless, but consider it legal.=

&gt;
&gt; &gt; In fact, I do not condone reckless driving in any way. =A0I simply just
&gt; &gt; wish that speed limits had some basis in reality.
&gt;
&gt; Anything over 55 is reckless.

What have you been drinking? I'll be sure to warn Hector to avoid
that brand. Certainly you have forgotten the &quot;highway hypnosis&quot;
phenomonon during the Federal 55 time...when drivers were zoning out
doing 55 on the Interstates.

&gt; There's your reality. And the only
&gt; reason some states have speed limits of 70 or 75 is because the auto
&gt; industry pays them to do that. =A0Car crashes are big business

Big business only to body shops and tow trucks, not to the automakers
unles the vehicle is totaled.

OBTW: I see your &quot;over 55 is reckless&quot; and raise you a 41 in a 25.
---
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend (a.k.a. SADDAM) admits to
being
a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler:

&quot;&gt; Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?
Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth
in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought.&quot;

Pride of America (c.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/Speeders And Drunk Drivers
Are Murderers (SADDAM)), 10/3/2002
Message-ID: &lt;<a href="mailto:3c1753f7.0210030916.7b6f5dff&#64;posting.google.com" target="_blank">3c1753f7.0210030916.7b6f5dff&#64;posting.google.com</a>&gt;
<a href="http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg" target="_blank">http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg</a>

Proof that POA is LBMHB/lbVH/SADDAM:
See the following: <a href="http://tinyurl.com/ahphj" target="_blank">http://tinyurl.com/ahphj</a>
---
And here's one of the aces in my hand.

---
&quot;Speed Limit: (n) The minimum speed by which ticket revenues may be
generated.&quot;
-- Devil's Missouri Road Dictionary at <a href="http://www.mylandofmisery.com/roads=" target="_blank">http://www.mylandofmisery.com/roads=</a>
/mo/mo-devil.htm

Report this message

#2: Re: Arizona budget banking on speeders

Posted on 2008-01-22 02:15:30 by kwyjibo

MLOM wrote:
&gt;
&gt;Big business only to body shops and tow trucks, not to the automakers
&gt;unles the vehicle is totaled.
&gt;
&gt;OBTW: I see your &quot;over 55 is reckless&quot; and raise you a 41 in a 25.

I *really* hate to do this to you, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to
trump your hand with this quote from our resident fruitcake:

There's a 55mph freeway near where i live and if i do 50, everybody
passes me. But if i do 60 very few do.
: <a href="http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/d4c539a34f9a706f?hl=en&amp;" target="_blank"> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/d4c539a 34f9a706f?hl=en&amp;</a>

--

Sarcasm is my sword
Apathy is my shield

Report this message