Weak frame tubes

Weak frame tubes

am 20.07.2006 15:23:53 von diariodastrilhas

I got a big hole where the kickstand used to be welded to the frame. It
ripped apart!

Good I know a very good pro mechanic who welded it for me, looks
stronger than before... Sadly, my neat metalic silver painting is
ruined, but that's ok, it's just a dirt bike with scratched plastics
and looks ratty with the black anti-rust paint.

-- Tiago

Re: Weak frame tubes

am 20.07.2006 15:56:36 von dr_versaeg

Hi!

>I got a big hole where the kickstand used to be welded to the frame. It
>ripped apart!

One of the two lower frame tubes of my YZ426 is also dented pretty
badly. Probably I cased the bike after some jump. However, I don't
remember crashing because of that. Well, scars a decorative anyhow,
aren't they?

Cheers,
Volker
__
Mail replies to/an V B A R T H E L D at G M X dot D E

Re: Weak frame tubes

am 20.07.2006 18:30:01 von diariodastrilhas

Volker Bartheld wrote:
> Hi!
>
> >I got a big hole where the kickstand used to be welded to the frame. It
> >ripped apart!
>
> One of the two lower frame tubes of my YZ426 is also dented pretty
> badly. Probably I cased the bike after some jump. However, I don't
> remember crashing because of that. Well, scars a decorative anyhow,
> aren't they?

yeah! I don't really care that much. The eyes of the people when I say
"it's a 2002" and they look and see dented tank, badly scratched
plastics and the rear fender weird (bike fell off trailer, the end of
the frame that holds the fender twisted a little...) are priceless. The
frame was fine up to yesterday, besides it is dented at the right side
lower tube too, I hit a rock, broke the bash plate mounting screw and
dented the frame. I crashed... Honda could use thicker tubes, but then,
bike is already too heavy for a 250cc.


-- Tiago

Re: Weak frame tubes

am 20.07.2006 18:40:25 von jayc

> I got a big hole where the kickstand used to be welded to the frame. It
> ripped apart!
>
> Good I know a very good pro mechanic who welded it for me, looks
> stronger than before... Sadly, my neat metalic silver painting is
> ruined, but that's ok, it's just a dirt bike with scratched plastics
> and looks ratty with the black anti-rust paint.

They're supposed to look that way. Dirtbike frames that don't have
extra welds are gay.

My XR400's frame has more weld than tubes these days.

Jay

Re: Weak frame tubes

am 21.07.2006 04:18:36 von Wudsracer

>On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:56:36 +0200, Volker Bartheld wrote:

> Well, scars a decorative anyhow,
>aren't they?
>
>Cheers,
>Volker

****************************************************

I consider scars to be life's tatoos.

As Rod Stewart once said, "Every Picture tells a story."

Jim

Re: Weak frame tubes

am 21.07.2006 13:14:07 von WoodsChick

Tiago Rocha wrote:
> yeah! I don't really care that much. The eyes of the people when I say
> "it's a 2002" and they look and see dented tank, badly scratched
> plastics and the rear fender weird (bike fell off trailer, the end of
> the frame that holds the fender twisted a little...) are priceless.

I can relate! My GG is an `03 and it looks like it's been though a meat
grinder.
The sad part is, it's looked that way for several years now.

> -- Tiago

Tami-

Re: Weak frame tubes

am 21.07.2006 13:15:23 von WoodsChick

JayC wrote:
> > I got a big hole where the kickstand used to be welded to the frame. It
> > ripped apart!
> >
> > Good I know a very good pro mechanic who welded it for me, looks
> > stronger than before... Sadly, my neat metalic silver painting is
> > ruined, but that's ok, it's just a dirt bike with scratched plastics
> > and looks ratty with the black anti-rust paint.
>
> They're supposed to look that way. Dirtbike frames that don't have
> extra welds are gay.

My dirtbike frame is definitely *not* gay, then.

>
> My XR400's frame has more weld than tubes these days.
>
> Jay

Tami-

Re: Weak frame tubes

am 21.07.2006 13:17:58 von WoodsChick

Wudsracer wrote:
> >On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:56:36 +0200, Volker Bartheld wrote:
>
> > Well, scars a decorative anyhow,
> >aren't they?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Volker
>
> ****************************************************
>
> I consider scars to be life's tatoos.

I agree. My tatoos are natural and I came by them the hard way.


> As Rod Stewart once said, "Every Picture tells a story."

> Jim

Tami
Woman Of A Thousand Words

Re: Weak frame tubes

am 21.07.2006 16:39:18 von Mike Baxter

On 21 Jul 2006 04:17:58 -0700, "WoodsChick" <>
wrote:

>
>Wudsracer wrote:
>> >On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:56:36 +0200, Volker Bartheld wrote:
>>
>> > Well, scars a decorative anyhow,
>> >aren't they?
>> >
>> >Cheers,
>> >Volker
>>
>> ****************************************************
>>
>> I consider scars to be life's tatoos.
>
>I agree. My tatoos are natural and I came by them the hard way.
>
>
>> As Rod Stewart once said, "Every Picture tells a story."
>
>> Jim
>
>Tami
>Woman Of A Thousand Words


More like 5 trillion words, but who is counting.


Mike Baxter --------------- "All GasGas, All The Time"

2005 GasGas EC300, 2000 GasGas EC300, 1997 GasGas JXT270