Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

temporary fix for crankshaft position sensor, sprocket xt 600, rear brakes at 4mm, how to bypass crank position sensor honda, dr 350 cdi, 1992 dodge spirit fuel system, how long will 4mm brake pads last, vg30e fuel pressure regulator, 99 suburban running rich, ga16 valve clearance

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-11 13:31:51 by Cal

Lots has been posted about the advantages of using synthetic oil. Any
reason to switch to synthetic after 150k miles? I have the I6, and would
like to protect the engine as much as possible.

thanks

cal

Report this message

#2: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-11 13:32:57 by Cal

sorry about the double post. I received an error with the first one. looks
like it made it anyway..

cal

"Cal" <codom1*IHATESPAM*@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
news:H_Lsg.6962$<a href="mailto:4c7.5519&#64;tornado.southeast.rr.com..." target="_blank">4c7.5519&#64;tornado.southeast.rr.com...</a>
&gt; Lots has been posted about the advantages of using synthetic oil. Any
&gt; reason to switch to synthetic after 150k miles? I have the I6, and would
&gt; like to protect the engine as much as possible.
&gt;
&gt; thanks
&gt;
&gt; cal
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;

Report this message

#3: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-11 16:52:54 by Lon

Cal proclaimed:
&gt; Lots has been posted about the advantages of using synthetic oil. Any
&gt; reason to switch to synthetic after 150k miles? I have the I6, and would
&gt; like to protect the engine as much as possible.

The I-6 doesn't have the ultra tight tolerances where a synth is pretty
much required to keep lubrication film available. However, there is no
real reason not to go either synth or synth blend at your mileage. If
you get small amounts of leak increase you could switch brand, fix the
seals, or add a bit of Marvell/STP blend. You can extend change
intervals a bit with either swap. Might be worth checking the result by
dropping a bit of the new oil out of the pan shortly after the switch to
see if it is loosening crud--in which case just change it and the filter
until that stops. I converted to synth blend at about 45K then just
went full synth at about 70K and haven't had any leak issues other than
that cheap plastic valve cover that went away on replacement.

Do you *need* it? No, your engine was designed for the older oils and
their change intervals. Does it extend the life? Dunno--the engine is
pretty long lived on ordinary dino pee with reasonable change intervals.
Is it your engine and your choice? You answer.

Report this message

#4: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-12 19:38:20 by Bret Ludwig

Lon wrote:
&gt; Cal proclaimed:
&gt; &gt; Lots has been posted about the advantages of using synthetic oil. Any
&gt; &gt; reason to switch to synthetic after 150k miles? I have the I6, and would
&gt; &gt; like to protect the engine as much as possible.
&gt;
&gt; The I-6 doesn't have the ultra tight tolerances where a synth is pretty
&gt; much required to keep lubrication film available. However, there is no
&gt; real reason not to go either synth or synth blend at your mileage. If
&gt; you get small amounts of leak increase you could switch brand, fix the
&gt; seals, or add a bit of Marvell/STP blend. You can extend change
&gt; intervals a bit with either swap. Might be worth checking the result by
&gt; dropping a bit of the new oil out of the pan shortly after the switch to
&gt; see if it is loosening crud--in which case just change it and the filter
&gt; until that stops. I converted to synth blend at about 45K then just
&gt; went full synth at about 70K and haven't had any leak issues other than
&gt; that cheap plastic valve cover that went away on replacement.
&gt;

Synthetic oils-Amsoil is as good as any-are a big benefit under the
most severe temperature or duty cycle fluctuations, and under extreme
stress provided the film is kept intact. The downsides are that seals
for reciprocating engines are engineered for petroleum and not
synthetic oils, also petroleum oils have superior contaminant bearing
and corrosionproofing qualities.

Engines with substantial operating time on them should always be kept
on whatever they are already on unless changing oils can solve specific
known problems-and you are willing to redo the seals. Otherwise, wait
until the engine is apart before changing.

Report this message

#5: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-12 20:28:30 by Mike Romain

Bret Ludwig wrote:
&gt;
&gt; Lon wrote:
&gt; &gt; Cal proclaimed:
&gt; &gt; &gt; Lots has been posted about the advantages of using synthetic oil. Any
&gt; &gt; &gt; reason to switch to synthetic after 150k miles? I have the I6, and would
&gt; &gt; &gt; like to protect the engine as much as possible.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; The I-6 doesn't have the ultra tight tolerances where a synth is pretty
&gt; &gt; much required to keep lubrication film available. However, there is no
&gt; &gt; real reason not to go either synth or synth blend at your mileage. If
&gt; &gt; you get small amounts of leak increase you could switch brand, fix the
&gt; &gt; seals, or add a bit of Marvell/STP blend. You can extend change
&gt; &gt; intervals a bit with either swap. Might be worth checking the result by
&gt; &gt; dropping a bit of the new oil out of the pan shortly after the switch to
&gt; &gt; see if it is loosening crud--in which case just change it and the filter
&gt; &gt; until that stops. I converted to synth blend at about 45K then just
&gt; &gt; went full synth at about 70K and haven't had any leak issues other than
&gt; &gt; that cheap plastic valve cover that went away on replacement.
&gt; &gt;
&gt;
&gt; Synthetic oils-Amsoil is as good as any-are a big benefit under the
&gt; most severe temperature or duty cycle fluctuations, and under extreme
&gt; stress provided the film is kept intact. The downsides are that seals
&gt; for reciprocating engines are engineered for petroleum and not
&gt; synthetic oils, also petroleum oils have superior contaminant bearing
&gt; and corrosionproofing qualities.
&gt;
&gt; Engines with substantial operating time on them should always be kept
&gt; on whatever they are already on unless changing oils can solve specific
&gt; known problems-and you are willing to redo the seals. Otherwise, wait
&gt; until the engine is apart before changing.

Now you are showing yourself as a total fool.

The 'good as any' snake oil you are promoting will void any
manufacturers warranty because it does not meet 'any' automotive
standards.

Someone once gave me a case of the 'spamsoil' crap because no one was
stupid enough to buy it from him, we 'like' our engines around here. I
trashed it at the recyclers for him...

That said there are very few 'real' synthetics on the market. The
makers went to court to get the definition of 'synthetic' changed so
they could slap the synthetic label on anything weaker than raw crude
oil that has been 'refined' and charge 4 times extra for the pretty
label.

Mike
86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
Jan/06 <a href="http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590" target="_blank"> http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=211514759 0</a>
(More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)

Report this message

#6: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-12 23:01:37 by Cal

thanks for all the replies! I'm staying with my regular oil. I don't have
any specific problem that I am trying to help, just wanting to keep my I6
problem free as long as possible!

cal


&quot;Mike Romain&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:romainm&#64;sympatico.ca" target="_blank">romainm&#64;sympatico.ca</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:44B53F4E.309BCB31&#64;sympatico.ca..." target="_blank">44B53F4E.309BCB31&#64;sympatico.ca...</a>
&gt; Bret Ludwig wrote:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Lon wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt; Cal proclaimed:
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; Lots has been posted about the advantages of using synthetic oil.
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; Any
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; reason to switch to synthetic after 150k miles? I have the I6, and
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; would
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; like to protect the engine as much as possible.
&gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; The I-6 doesn't have the ultra tight tolerances where a synth is pretty
&gt;&gt; &gt; much required to keep lubrication film available. However, there is
&gt;&gt; &gt; no
&gt;&gt; &gt; real reason not to go either synth or synth blend at your mileage. If
&gt;&gt; &gt; you get small amounts of leak increase you could switch brand, fix the
&gt;&gt; &gt; seals, or add a bit of Marvell/STP blend. You can extend change
&gt;&gt; &gt; intervals a bit with either swap. Might be worth checking the result
&gt;&gt; &gt; by
&gt;&gt; &gt; dropping a bit of the new oil out of the pan shortly after the switch
&gt;&gt; &gt; to
&gt;&gt; &gt; see if it is loosening crud--in which case just change it and the
&gt;&gt; &gt; filter
&gt;&gt; &gt; until that stops. I converted to synth blend at about 45K then just
&gt;&gt; &gt; went full synth at about 70K and haven't had any leak issues other than
&gt;&gt; &gt; that cheap plastic valve cover that went away on replacement.
&gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Synthetic oils-Amsoil is as good as any-are a big benefit under the
&gt;&gt; most severe temperature or duty cycle fluctuations, and under extreme
&gt;&gt; stress provided the film is kept intact. The downsides are that seals
&gt;&gt; for reciprocating engines are engineered for petroleum and not
&gt;&gt; synthetic oils, also petroleum oils have superior contaminant bearing
&gt;&gt; and corrosionproofing qualities.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Engines with substantial operating time on them should always be kept
&gt;&gt; on whatever they are already on unless changing oils can solve specific
&gt;&gt; known problems-and you are willing to redo the seals. Otherwise, wait
&gt;&gt; until the engine is apart before changing.
&gt;
&gt; Now you are showing yourself as a total fool.
&gt;
&gt; The 'good as any' snake oil you are promoting will void any
&gt; manufacturers warranty because it does not meet 'any' automotive
&gt; standards.
&gt;
&gt; Someone once gave me a case of the 'spamsoil' crap because no one was
&gt; stupid enough to buy it from him, we 'like' our engines around here. I
&gt; trashed it at the recyclers for him...
&gt;
&gt; That said there are very few 'real' synthetics on the market. The
&gt; makers went to court to get the definition of 'synthetic' changed so
&gt; they could slap the synthetic label on anything weaker than raw crude
&gt; oil that has been 'refined' and charge 4 times extra for the pretty
&gt; label.
&gt;
&gt; Mike
&gt; 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
&gt; 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
&gt; Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
&gt; Jan/06 <a href="http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590" target="_blank"> http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=211514759 0</a>
&gt; (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)

Report this message

#7: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-13 04:54:49 by Bret Ludwig

Mike Romain wrote:

&gt;
&gt; Now you are showing yourself as a total fool.
&gt;
&gt; The 'good as any' snake oil you are promoting will void any
&gt; manufacturers warranty because it does not meet 'any' automotive
&gt; standards.
&gt;
&gt; Someone once gave me a case of the 'spamsoil' crap because no one was
&gt; stupid enough to buy it from him, we 'like' our engines around here. I
&gt; trashed it at the recyclers for him...
&gt;
&gt; That said there are very few 'real' synthetics on the market. The
&gt; makers went to court to get the definition of 'synthetic' changed so
&gt; they could slap the synthetic label on anything weaker than raw crude
&gt; oil that has been 'refined' and charge 4 times extra for the pretty
&gt; label.

I don't sell AmsOil. I have used their products, also Klotz and
Bel-Ray and others, for specific jobs, and they all worked as
advertised.

Aeroshell AD oil does not meet any automotive standards either but if
you are running a pushrod gasoline burning air coold engine it's
nevertheless the stuff to use.

You just have a hard one for Amsoil. The fact is that with specific
exceptions it works okay or better. And it's less expensive and more
available than specialist products like Bel-Ray or Klotz.

Report this message

#8: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-15 15:24:13 by Simon Juncal

Bret Ludwig wrote:
&gt; You just have a hard one for Amsoil.

Actually he has a &quot;hard one&quot; for anything new

--
Simon
&quot;I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain.&quot; -- Robert A. Heinlein

Report this message

#9: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-15 17:03:05 by Mike Romain

Simon Juncal wrote:
&gt;
&gt; Bret Ludwig wrote:
&gt; &gt; You just have a hard one for Amsoil.
&gt;
&gt; Actually he has a &quot;hard one&quot; for anything new
&gt;
&gt; --
&gt; Simon
&gt; &quot;I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain.&quot; -- Robert A. Heinlein

ROTFLMAO!

You think 'snake oil' is 'new', man oh man, it has been around since man
first learned how to rip off man!

I just don't think we need people on this group that promote ripping off
people.

Just because 'there is a sucker born every day' doesn't mean I have to
tolerate the Scam artists. Especially slime like Spamsoil droids.

Mike
86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
Jan/06 <a href="http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590" target="_blank"> http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=211514759 0</a>
(More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)

Report this message

#10: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-16 01:41:16 by billhughes

Ditto.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
mailto:<a href="mailto:LWHughes3rd&#64;aol.com" target="_blank">LWHughes3rd&#64;aol.com</a> <a href="http://www.billhughes.com/" target="_blank">http://www.billhughes.com/</a>

Mike Romain wrote:
&gt;
&gt; ROTFLMAO!
&gt;
&gt; You think 'snake oil' is 'new', man oh man, it has been around since man
&gt; first learned how to rip off man!
&gt;
&gt; I just don't think we need people on this group that promote ripping off
&gt; people.
&gt;
&gt; Just because 'there is a sucker born every day' doesn't mean I have to
&gt; tolerate the Scam artists. Especially slime like Spamsoil droids.
&gt;
&gt; Mike
&gt; 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
&gt; 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
&gt; Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
&gt; Jan/06 <a href="http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590" target="_blank"> http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=211514759 0</a>
&gt; (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)

Report this message

#11: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-16 23:33:17 by Dave Milne

So any reason NOT to go for Mobil 1 (given that is what the Jeep dealer
recommends / puts in if you are silly/lazy enough to get them to do it) ?
Price is only a few quid more than the Castrol GTX Magnatec or whatever
semi-synth; not worth worrying about.

Dave Milne, Scotland

&quot;Bret Ludwig&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:bretldwig&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">bretldwig&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:1152725900.409830.71990&#64;s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1152725900.409830.71990&#64;s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt; Synthetic oils-Amsoil is as good as any-are a big benefit under the
&gt; most severe temperature or duty cycle fluctuations, and under extreme
&gt; stress provided the film is kept intact. The downsides are that seals
&gt; for reciprocating engines are engineered for petroleum and not
&gt; synthetic oils, also petroleum oils have superior contaminant bearing
&gt; and corrosionproofing qualities.

Report this message

#12: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-16 23:48:20 by Jerry Bransford

He's not the only one who feels that way about Amsoil. I hate their
marketing practices and how they falsely allude to being API certified
when they are not... at least the vast (!) majority of their products
are not API certified. All it takes is to admit to a dealership, or
they test and find out for themselves, that someone with a blown engine
used a non-API certified engine oil like Amsoil for them to deny
warranty coverage. They're just another multi-level marketing
organization so far as I am concerned.

Bret Ludwig wrote:
&gt;&gt; ROTFLMAO!
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; You think 'snake oil' is 'new', man oh man, it has been around since man
&gt;&gt; first learned how to rip off man!
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; I just don't think we need people on this group that promote ripping off
&gt;&gt; people.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Just because 'there is a sucker born every day' doesn't mean I have to
&gt;&gt; tolerate the Scam artists. Especially slime like Spamsoil droids.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Who are you, Mike Romain, to say what is and is not good? Amsoil has
&gt; many satisfied customers and many of those have hundreds of thousands
&gt; of miles of success with it. But yet YOU say it's no good. You have a
&gt; seep seated psychological hatred for that company but they have never
&gt; defrauded you. You know fully well in fact that their products most
&gt; always work as advertised.
&gt;
&gt; Amsoil may or may not be the best product or the most cost effective.
&gt; But it is a product that is truthfully sold and in fact few people have
&gt; any problems.
&gt;
&gt; You are a goofball, Mike, and you always back up Bill Hughes no matter
&gt; how stupid something he says is. You are in fact a lazy fat mountebank,
&gt; because you want the benefits of a moderated newsgroup while being
&gt; unwilling to do the work. You always blow your rear end about your
&gt; idiotic charter, you didn't pay to invent the Internet, US tax payers
&gt; did.
&gt;
&gt; I'm seriously thinking of buying an Amsoil dealership just to piss you
&gt; off.
&gt;

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
See the Geezer Jeep at
<a href="http://members.cox.net/jerrypb/" target="_blank">http://members.cox.net/jerrypb/</a>

Report this message

#13: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-16 23:48:20 by Bret Ludwig

&gt; ROTFLMAO!
&gt;
&gt; You think 'snake oil' is 'new', man oh man, it has been around since man
&gt; first learned how to rip off man!
&gt;
&gt; I just don't think we need people on this group that promote ripping off
&gt; people.
&gt;
&gt; Just because 'there is a sucker born every day' doesn't mean I have to
&gt; tolerate the Scam artists. Especially slime like Spamsoil droids.


Who are you, Mike Romain, to say what is and is not good? Amsoil has
many satisfied customers and many of those have hundreds of thousands
of miles of success with it. But yet YOU say it's no good. You have a
seep seated psychological hatred for that company but they have never
defrauded you. You know fully well in fact that their products most
always work as advertised.

Amsoil may or may not be the best product or the most cost effective.
But it is a product that is truthfully sold and in fact few people have
any problems.

You are a goofball, Mike, and you always back up Bill Hughes no matter
how stupid something he says is. You are in fact a lazy fat mountebank,
because you want the benefits of a moderated newsgroup while being
unwilling to do the work. You always blow your rear end about your
idiotic charter, you didn't pay to invent the Internet, US tax payers
did.

I'm seriously thinking of buying an Amsoil dealership just to piss you
off.

Report this message

#14: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-17 01:54:24 by Earle Horton

Go ahead and buy an Amsoil dealership. I am sure it would tick Mike off.
I'll bet Bill wouldn't like it either. I would be livid!

Go ahead and do it...

Earle

&quot;Bret Ludwig&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:bretldwig&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">bretldwig&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:1153086990.155858.230580&#64;p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1153086990.155858.230580&#64;p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt;
&gt; &gt; ROTFLMAO!
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; You think 'snake oil' is 'new', man oh man, it has been around since man
&gt; &gt; first learned how to rip off man!
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; I just don't think we need people on this group that promote ripping off
&gt; &gt; people.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Just because 'there is a sucker born every day' doesn't mean I have to
&gt; &gt; tolerate the Scam artists. Especially slime like Spamsoil droids.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Who are you, Mike Romain, to say what is and is not good? Amsoil has
&gt; many satisfied customers and many of those have hundreds of thousands
&gt; of miles of success with it. But yet YOU say it's no good. You have a
&gt; seep seated psychological hatred for that company but they have never
&gt; defrauded you. You know fully well in fact that their products most
&gt; always work as advertised.
&gt;
&gt; Amsoil may or may not be the best product or the most cost effective.
&gt; But it is a product that is truthfully sold and in fact few people have
&gt; any problems.
&gt;
&gt; You are a goofball, Mike, and you always back up Bill Hughes no matter
&gt; how stupid something he says is. You are in fact a lazy fat mountebank,
&gt; because you want the benefits of a moderated newsgroup while being
&gt; unwilling to do the work. You always blow your rear end about your
&gt; idiotic charter, you didn't pay to invent the Internet, US tax payers
&gt; did.
&gt;
&gt; I'm seriously thinking of buying an Amsoil dealership just to piss you
&gt; off.
&gt;

Report this message

#15: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-17 03:26:41 by billhughes

I wish he would buy a dealership too. Maybe put that Duz diesel
engine in his Jeep. &lt;ROTFLMAO&gt;
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
mailto:<a href="mailto:LWHughes3rd&#64;aol.com" target="_blank">LWHughes3rd&#64;aol.com</a> <a href="http://www.billhughes.com/" target="_blank">http://www.billhughes.com/</a>

Earle Horton wrote:
&gt;
&gt; Go ahead and buy an Amsoil dealership. I am sure it would tick Mike off.
&gt; I'll bet Bill wouldn't like it either. I would be livid!
&gt;
&gt; Go ahead and do it...
&gt;
&gt; Earle

Report this message

#16: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-17 03:54:50 by billhughes

Yes the retail business is fun, when you have more in inventory
than most will make in a life time yet are happy to work your rear end
off for less than the three percent most banks would give you.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
mailto:<a href="mailto:LWHughes3rd&#64;aol.com" target="_blank">LWHughes3rd&#64;aol.com</a> <a href="http://www.billhughes.com/" target="_blank">http://www.billhughes.com/</a>

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:
&gt;
&gt; Ha ha ha ha. Good luck with that. :-/

Report this message

#17: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-17 03:55:06 by Matt Macchiarolo

Ha ha ha ha. Good luck with that. :-/

&quot;Bret Ludwig&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:bretldwig&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">bretldwig&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:1153086990.155858.230580&#64;p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1153086990.155858.230580&#64;p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt;
&gt; I'm seriously thinking of buying an Amsoil dealership just to piss you
&gt; off.
&gt;

Report this message

#18: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-17 04:12:13 by Lon

Bret Ludwig proclaimed:
&gt;&gt;ROTFLMAO!
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;You think 'snake oil' is 'new', man oh man, it has been around since man
&gt;&gt;first learned how to rip off man!
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;I just don't think we need people on this group that promote ripping off
&gt;&gt;people.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;Just because 'there is a sucker born every day' doesn't mean I have to
&gt;&gt;tolerate the Scam artists. Especially slime like Spamsoil droids.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Who are you, Mike Romain, to say what is and is not good? Amsoil has
&gt; many satisfied customers and many of those have hundreds of thousands
&gt; of miles of success with it.

Yes, lets all hear it for Scamsoil. Why not bring in the fine folks
from Allen Engineering and ask them what *they* think of Amsoil
products. Or ask the Eastern District Court of Arkansas. Or ask Amsoil
themselves why they had to sue Insurance Company of North America,
Scottsdale Insurance Company, and St. Paul Fire and Marine to collect
for the money they had to pay Allen Engineering.

&gt; You know fully well in fact that their products most
&gt; always work as advertised.

He may also be aware that at best Amsoil is a MLM.

&gt; I'm seriously thinking of buying an Amsoil dealership just to piss you
&gt; off.

Be our guest.

Report this message

#19: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-17 16:47:43 by Mike Romain

Bret Ludwig wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; ROTFLMAO!
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; You think 'snake oil' is 'new', man oh man, it has been around since man
&gt; &gt; first learned how to rip off man!
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; I just don't think we need people on this group that promote ripping off
&gt; &gt; people.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Just because 'there is a sucker born every day' doesn't mean I have to
&gt; &gt; tolerate the Scam artists. Especially slime like Spamsoil droids.
&gt;
&gt; Who are you, Mike Romain, to say what is and is not good?

You are a brain dead moron. API says spamsoil is no good. The vehicle
manufacturers say they will void their warranty if you use it.

It is snake oil pure and simple and 'you' have no freaking clue who I am
or what my past, if any, associations are with spamsoil droids.

Please get a stealership for them, they you can be gagged about it or
have it taken away because they don't allow spam.

So far it would appear that you actually 'are' a spamsoil droid. Should
we be checking with them to see?

Mike

Report this message

#20: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-23 20:25:22 by nospam

In article &lt;xgyug.102267$<a href="mailto:wl.45717&#64;text.news.blueyonder.co.uk" target="_blank">wl.45717&#64;text.news.blueyonder.co.uk</a>&gt;,
Dave Milne &lt;<a href="mailto:whoneeds&#64;toknow.com" target="_blank">whoneeds&#64;toknow.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;So any reason NOT to go for Mobil 1 (given that is what the Jeep dealer
&gt;recommends / puts in if you are silly/lazy enough to get them to do it) ?
&gt;Price is only a few quid more than the Castrol GTX Magnatec or whatever
&gt;semi-synth; not worth worrying about.
&gt;
&gt;Dave Milne, Scotland

Dave

I use Mobile 1 in almost all my vehicles since 1994. When I bought my
YJ used with 189K miles on it, I switched it over to synthetic.
Mobile 1 in the engine, Redline in the tranny, Mobile 1 synth AT fluid
in the transferbox and Mobile 1 gear oil in the pumpkins. I now have put
over 20K miles and it runs great. Of course the slip yoke seal was replaced
before I swapped. :-)

Except my Diesels, of course. That's another story. :-)


--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...

Report this message

#21: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-23 22:53:03 by Dave Milne

That's what I run. Can't get Redline over here though, so buy fluid from the
dealer for that.

Dave.

&quot;Peter Parker&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:nospam&#64;zero.com" target="_blank">nospam&#64;zero.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:44c3bf12$<a href="mailto:1_1&#64;nntp2.nac.net..." target="_blank">1_1&#64;nntp2.nac.net...</a>
&gt; In article &lt;xgyug.102267$<a href="mailto:wl.45717&#64;text.news.blueyonder.co.uk" target="_blank">wl.45717&#64;text.news.blueyonder.co.uk</a>&gt;,
&gt; Dave Milne &lt;<a href="mailto:whoneeds&#64;toknow.com" target="_blank">whoneeds&#64;toknow.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt; &gt;So any reason NOT to go for Mobil 1 (given that is what the Jeep dealer
&gt; &gt;recommends / puts in if you are silly/lazy enough to get them to do it) ?
&gt; &gt;Price is only a few quid more than the Castrol GTX Magnatec or whatever
&gt; &gt;semi-synth; not worth worrying about.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;Dave Milne, Scotland
&gt;
&gt; Dave
&gt;
&gt; I use Mobile 1 in almost all my vehicles since 1994. When I bought my
&gt; YJ used with 189K miles on it, I switched it over to synthetic.
&gt; Mobile 1 in the engine, Redline in the tranny, Mobile 1 synth AT fluid
&gt; in the transferbox and Mobile 1 gear oil in the pumpkins. I now have put
&gt; over 20K miles and it runs great. Of course the slip yoke seal was
replaced
&gt; before I swapped. :-)
&gt;
&gt; Except my Diesels, of course. That's another story. :-)
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; --
&gt; Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...

Report this message

#22: Re: synthetic oil...

Posted on 2006-07-24 00:28:32 by Lon

Peter Parker proclaimed:

&gt; In article &lt;xgyug.102267$<a href="mailto:wl.45717&#64;text.news.blueyonder.co.uk" target="_blank">wl.45717&#64;text.news.blueyonder.co.uk</a>&gt;,
&gt; Dave Milne &lt;<a href="mailto:whoneeds&#64;toknow.com" target="_blank">whoneeds&#64;toknow.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt;So any reason NOT to go for Mobil 1 (given that is what the Jeep dealer
&gt;&gt;recommends / puts in if you are silly/lazy enough to get them to do it) ?
&gt;&gt;Price is only a few quid more than the Castrol GTX Magnatec or whatever
&gt;&gt;semi-synth; not worth worrying about.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;Dave Milne, Scotland
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Dave
&gt;
&gt; I use Mobile 1 in almost all my vehicles since 1994. When I bought my
&gt; YJ used with 189K miles on it, I switched it over to synthetic.
&gt; Mobile 1 in the engine, Redline in the tranny, Mobile 1 synth AT fluid
&gt; in the transferbox and Mobile 1 gear oil in the pumpkins. I now have put
&gt; over 20K miles and it runs great. Of course the slip yoke seal was replaced
&gt; before I swapped. :-)

See!? Don't run synth oil, it damages your slip yoke seals.
Surprised we have to tell you this...

Report this message